RPCS3 is a free open-source PS3 emulator that runs on various platforms. With the help of RPCS3, players can play PlayStation 3 games on their PC. The emulator remains in constant development being an open-source project. Over the years, it has made quite significant progress. The only thing about RPCS3 is that you cannot play all the PS3 games at the moment. However, this might also change in the future due to the widespread development support that it is receiving. Talking about games, many players are wondering lately about how to create custom configurations for specific games via the RPCS3 emulator. This is also due to the fact that not all games can work on the default configuration. Therefore, we will be discussing the same.
Also read: Cut The Rope 3 Release Date: When it will be available
RPCS3 Custom Configurations: How to Create Custom Configurations for Specific Games
With the help of custom configurations, players can run the games that won’t be able to run with default configurations. This can happen sometimes as the hardware and software of a PS3 and a PC are very different. Therefore, it becomes necessary for the players to implement custom configurations so that they can increase the compatibility of that particular game for RPCS3. These are the following steps through which you can create custom configurations for specific games:
- The first thing that you will have to do is launch RPCS3.
- Secondly, you will have to right-click on a particular game.
- Now, you will have to click on the “Create Custom Configuration” option.
- Next, go to Settings Menu after it opens. From there, you will have to save the custom configurations that you make, and then launch the game.
By following these simple steps, you will be able to enable custom configurations of a game. However, if you want to locate the custom configurations, you can follow these steps:
1) Firstly, you will have to right-click on the game featured in the RPCS3 emulator. Now, you will have to open the custom config folder. For this, you will have to click on an option that says, ” Open custom config folder”. You can also go there manually by navigating to RPCS3\config\custom_configs\ on Windows. For Linux, you will have to go to ~/.config/rpcs3/custom_configs/ on Linux.
2) Now, you will have to go to the config_GAMEID.yml where “GAMEID” is the name of the particular game’s title ID. You can easily open this file through any text editor.
3) Now, you will have to scroll through the list of settings and find the one that you want to modify.
4) However, you also have to press “Save” once you make the changes. Otherwise, you won’t be able to see the changes that you made take effect.
So, by following these steps, you will be able to apply custom configurations to the game of your choice in RPCS3. On this note, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.