With the onset of technology, as everything is increasingly becoming digital, payment methods have changed as well. Stripe is a popular payment toolkit that facilitates online payments for businesses as well as business merchants. However, some Stripe users are facing trouble making payments online. A do_not_honor error pops up on their screen while making the online payment on Stripe. The do_not_honor code arises when users are trying to make payments using Stripe and is related to declined or unsuccessful payments.
Gone are the days when people needed to visit marketplaces to buy commodities or hire services. These facilities are available online and so is the option to pay digitally. Debit and credit cards, UPI, and Apple Pay are some of the popular ways of making online payments. Stripe is a popular payment toolkit that facilitates easy payments for businesses and websites. Stripe is used by businesses to receive payments easily. Its easy user interface helps businesses receive payments for both one-time and subscriptions.
Workarounds for fixing the Stripe do_not_honor error:
You need to fix the do_not_honor error so you can make payments easily. The do_not_honor error indicates that your payment attempts were not honored either by your bank or the merchant’s bank. In simple words, your payment was not successful.
Use these simple workarounds for fixing the error on Stripe:
1) The error code do_not_honor means your payment was declined due to unknown reasons. Sometimes, this error appears due to poor network. Ensure your phone has proper network coverage before making a payment.
2) Check that the sim you are using has incoming and outgoing calls as well as text facilities since some banks prefer to confirm from their cardholders before they process a payment.
3) The error do_not_honor means that your card issuer is not allowing the processing of your payment. Check with your bank if your card is still working and valid.
4) Ensure that you have correctly filled in your card details. If you fulfill the details incorrectly, your payment will not be processed and you might see the error code do_not_honor.
5) Such errors can also happen if the bank servers are temporarily down. It may take hours for the servers to be working again. Contact your bank if you receive the same error after multiple efforts.
6) Ensure you are validating the payment within the prescribed time limit. Most banks offer up to a few minutes to make the payment. Not validating the payment within the given time limit cancels your payment process and the error do_not_honor might appear.
These are the most common workarounds for error do_not_honor on the Stripe app. Try these fixes and your error do_not_honor should resolve. You can also check out our article on payment-related problems on another app.