If you an RPG fan, then you sure know that having a wider FOV provides more area for a richer experience as now you have access to a wider view range. However, the in-game preset FOV is quite fine to play the game, but players who have used Universal Unreal Engine Unlocker to add some resolution modifications in the game are looking for ways to increase the FOV as well. So, here we are to provide you with all the information you need about how to increase your in-game FOV in Tales of Arise.
Tales of Arise, the recently released action role-playing game developed and published by Bandai Namco has been getting quite a lot of attention lately. Featuring intense action along with impressive visuals, the game is set to leave its mark on the gaming market. Well, TOA has been released for almost all major platforms so, irrespective of what system you own, be it console or PC, you can enjoy the experience it has to offer.
However, for those who don’t know, the game doesn’t have support for an ultrawide aspect ratio which is rather unacceptable in 2021. So, many players resorted to trying out the Universal Unreal Engine Unlocker to add support for ultrawide screens. Well, it actually worked but due to the stretching, the game is zoomed out for most of the screens resulting in a decrease in FOV. So, if you are interested to know how to increase the FOV in-game, continue reading.
Tales of Arise: How to increase FOV and View Distance
So, the first step to increase FOV in Tales of Arise is to open the console menu in-game.
- To do that, press the ‘~’ key(console key which is above the Caps Lock key). But if this doesn’t bring up the console, then go to the configuration tab of UUEU to change the console key. You will also need to modify the input.ini file located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment\Tales of Arise\Config\WindowsNoEditor.
- Add the following line to change the console key to slash:
- If the console Key=/(Slash) is not working, you can use another key for the console, but make sure not to use the Shift key & also put the corresponding name in the above-mentioned code.
- After this, you will be able to access the console by pressing the corresponding key on your keyboard. Once the console is opened, type “fov<number>”. The recommended number for FOV is 80. If you want you can either decrease or increase the number according to your needs. But, remember that larger FOV causes the enemy health bars to appear misaligned as reported by a player. So, be careful while increasing the FOV.
For increasing View Distance, follow the given steps here:
- All you need to do is add the following lines of code to the engine.ini file of the game.
Now you know how to increase FOV as well as View Distance in Tales of Arise. For more guides and information about new games, make sure to follow AndroidGram.