If you are getting a Valorant Vanguard Anti-Cheat Error on Windows 11, then you are not the only one facing this issue. After numerous reports about the Anti-cheat error faced by players on Windows 11, we have come up with some potential fixes that will be fixing this problem for good. Continue reading this article for more info.
Riot’s Valorant features an Anti-Cheat engine to keep cheaters and hackers out of the game. However, sometimes the Anti-cheat engine fails to function properly, and thereby new error screens are encountered by players. The Vanguard Anti-Cheat has a history of featuring random errors and after players updated their system to Windows 11, it only became dominant. So, to get rid of the issue, we have made this detailed guide for all the players.
Valorant Vanguard Anti-Cheat Error on Windows 11: Fixes?
To fix the Vanguard Anti-Cheat Error in Valorant running on Windows 11, you need to check if the Anti-cheat engine is getting block by your Windows Firewall and if the Anti-virus of your system is blocking the Anti-Cheat Engine. So, for that, all you need to do is follow some steps we have prepared for you.
1) First, open the system tray at the bottom right of your Taskbar and make sure to Exit Vanguard by right-clicking on the Vanguard logo.
2) After this, head over to the Start menu and search “firewall”. Click on the “Firewall and Network Protection” option and you will be taken to the Firewall Settings menu. There, select the “Allow an app through Firewall” option.
3) A new window will appear. Select “Change Settings” and then click on “Allow another App”. Now, click on browse and the file explorer will open. Head over to the directory where your game is installed. The directory is C:\Program Files\Riot Games\VALORANT\Live. There you find the Valorant.exe file. Select the file and then click on Open. Now, you will be taken back to the Firewall window. Click on “Add”.
4) Now, the Valorant application will not be blocked by the Firewall anymore. Now, close everything and return to your main desktop screen.
5) After this, you need to head over to the Run window by clicking Windows+R and then type “service” and press Enter. There you will need to find the “vgc” service. Right-click on it and select Properties. In the General Tab, set the Startup type of the vgc service to “Automatic” and hit Apply then Ok.
6) Now, head over to this directory again C:\Program Files\Riot Games\VALORANT\Live and right-click on the Valorant.exe file. Under the Compatibility mode, make sure to select the “Disable Full Screen Optimization” option.
Well, after following all the given steps, the vanguard anti-cheat error will be gone for good. However, if that’s not the case for you, consider reinstalling the Riot Vanguard application. The guide on how to do this can be found here. For more guides and information on new games, make sure to stay tuned with us on AndroidGram.