The Chinese smartphone maker Vivo has recently launched the Vivo X50, the first smartphone to house a Gimbal camera stabilization system. Vivo is quite active in launching new smartphones but the opposite is the case when it comes to providing software updates to its devices.
Vivo doesn’t provide monthly security updates to its devices. However, it bundles a couple of updates into one update and then sends it to the devices. Well, today Vivo V9 launched back in 2018 is receiving a new software update. Currently, the Vivo V9 runs on the version PD1 730F_EX A_6.12.1. The new software update arrived today comes with version 6.13.1 and it brings July security patch along with other improvements and optimizations to the system. You can find the complete changelog of the update below, but first, let’s have quick look at the specifications of the Vivo V9.
Vivo V9 Specifications ;
|Processor||Qualcomm MSM8953-Pro Snapdragon 626 (14 nm)|
|Internal Storage||64 GB|
|Front Camera||24 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.9µm|
|Rear Camera||16 MP, f/2.0, PDAF
5 MP, depth sensor
|Software||Android 8.1 (When Launched)|
Vivo V9 July security update ( rev 6.13.1) Changelog:
The new version brings you a more stable system. Vivo awaits your upgrade!
- Size: 141.54 MB
- Stabilized the pairing between Bluetooth and paired devices
- Updated the Google security patch (2020-07) to improve system security
- Optimized Ul details in Dark Mode for a more complete range of darker elements.
- Optimized call details to improve call quality
- Optimized the processing logic of querying and saving contacts to improve function stability.
1. This update does not delete or modify your usage data.
2. The system upgrade does not occupy the phone memory space and does not affect the running
Speed of the phone.
3. During the upgrade process, the temperature of the phone will rise slightly for a short time and will
return to normal after the upgrade is completed.
Note: The OTA updates are rolled out in batches. Currently, the update is rolling out in India.
Vivo V9 Android 10 update:
Vivo V9 users received Android 9 update a few months back after waiting for quite a long time. Now, as even Android 11 is also in development for months and most of the smartphones in the market have already received the Android 10. Vivo V9 users are still waiting for the Android 10 update. Well, here is some good news for Vivo V9 users, recently a user shared a screenshot of his chat with Vivo’s team where he asked about the Android Q update for the device. Below what the Vivo executive said:
We are happy to inform you that, as our R&D team is working on it and they will soon roll out the update for this handset and you will get the notification in your handset.
So, it looks like Vivo V9 users might receive the Android 10 soon. Rest assured, we will be updating you as and when Vivo V9 receives more updates in the future. Stay tuned.