Vizio TVs are known for their competitive pricing and availability. With excellent contrast ratio, it is a treat to watch movies on the Vizio TV. The devices also have very small input lag, making it ideal for screen sharing and gaming. Vizio has a feature called SmartCast which makes screen sharing from mobile devices even easier.
If you are facing trouble with connecting your iOS device with your Vizio TV via Airplay, read this article to know more.
Vizio TV airplay not working: How to fix?
Worried about a non-functional Airplay on your Vizio TV? Here’s how to fix it.
- Restart both your devices, i.e., your Vizio TV and iPhone/iPad.
- Make sure your model of Vizio TV is compatible with the Airplay service.
- Secure an Ethernet directly from the router to the TV. The WiFi network may be faulty.
- Make sure to connect your Apple device and your TV to the same WiFi.
- Users should have a 2.4 GHz setup to connect WiFi and TV. Visit Settings > General > Network. Then, choose among the available internet connections which have 2.4 GHz in their name.
- Turn off your TV’s Bluetooth option. The Bluetooth interrupts with screen mirroring sometimes.
- Reset the router and reconnect the device through Airplay.
- Check your phone for updates. Do the same for your TV. Both must be updated to their latest software and firmware.
- Make sure that your iOS device is on iOS 12.4 or higher. The device list is below:
- iPhone X iPhone 6/6 Plus and later;
- iPhone SE iPhone 5S iPad Pro;
- 12.9-in., 10.5-in., 9.7-in. iPad Air and later;
- iPad, 5th generation and later;
- iPad Mini 2 and later;
- iPod Touch 6th generation.
- macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or higher
- Check whether your Vizio TV is compatible with Airplay. To check for the list of models compatible, click here.
- The AirPlay icon should show up on SmartCast Home, in the upper right corner next to the Cast icon.
- The AirPlay option should be enabled on your TV. To check this:
- Press Home button on your remote to go to SmartCast Home.
- At the top of the screen, select the Extras menu.
- Highlight the AirPlay option and make sure that On is selected.
- If other tips don’t work, users should try reset the TV to factory settings and reconnect the device through Airplay.