Home Security and Management play important roles in our lives. A lapse in security can result in ugly scenarios. Similarly, we all prefer automation. That is where Wyze comes in. Wyze specializes in smart home products and wireless security cameras. It is a U.S company operating from Seattle since 2017 and was founded by former Amazon employees.
Wyze Cam is an easy-to-use WiFi-enabled security camera. It just needs a smartphone and a WiFi connection to operate. But, there can be some situations where your Wyze Cam may stop working. This can happen because of connection issues with the streaming servers. This issue is commonly known as Error code 90. It is actually pretty easy to tackle this situation. Our detailed guide on how to fix the Wyze cam error code 90 should be ample to resolve the error. Keep reading!
How to fix Wyze cam error code 90?
1) The first and most obvious fix would be to check if your Wyze cam and smartphone are connected to the WiFi. Also, see to it that the USB cable is connected to the camera.
2) Make sure that the camera is within the normal range of your router. Try to set up your router in a place where there isn’t a lot of obstacles between the router and the camera. Obstacles can cause hindrance to the wifi signal.
3) Check the connection status indicated by the LED on the camera. If the LED isn’t solid blue, it means it hasn’t connected yet. So, unplug the USB from your camera and wait for 5-10 seconds before plugging it back in. This should initiate a fresh connection.
More fixes :
1) If none of the above fixes work, you will have to reset your camera to default settings. To do that, simply delete your device from the Wyze application. Click on the camera in the Wyze application, go into Settings and delete the device connected. After that, remove the SD card from the camera and press the reset button present at the back. You should be able to hear “Ready to connect” through the speaker on the camera. Add the camera again into the application. If you see a solid blue light that means your camera is connected and ready to use.
2) If your wifi connection has advanced security features like mac-filtering, try turning it off to see if the camera works. If it does, you need to whitelist your camera connection by entering the mac address on the Wyze Cam.
3) If none of the above fixes work, try contacting the official Wyze support team by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fixes related to your router and internet connection:
1) Try rebooting your WiFi router. To perform a power cycle, unplug your router, wait for 1 minute and plug it back in. This should reset any issues within the router.
2) Keep in mind, the Wyze cam only works on WPA and WPA2 security protocol. Wyze Cam won’t work if your WiFi connection uses WEP security protocol. Contact your ISP to know more.
3) If you are using a 5 GHz WiFi connection, switch to 2.4 GHz. Wyze Cam and its app will not work on a 5GHz network.
Implement the following fixes to help with the Wyze cam error code 90 and keep your property safe.