Facing an annoying input lag while playing games on the Xbox cloud? Unfortunately, we have come across several reports regarding very noticeable input lags while playing games on Xbox Cloud. And, there’s no fix or workaround that can completely eliminate this input lag. Xbox Cloud Gaming can be accessed on Xbox consoles, PC, and mobile devices (Android and iOS). It was a much-awaited cloud gaming service until it was released last month. At present, the Xbox Cloud Gaming is only available in a handle of countries/regions. Although you cannot fix an input lag while playing games from your Xbox Cloud library, you can certainly reduce the issues. Keep reading this article to know some workarounds/fixes to help you reduce input lag while gaming on Xbox Cloud.
Xbox Cloud gaming input lag fix: Try these workarounds
To fix an input lag while cloud gaming on an Xbox console, try the following fixes/workarounds-
1) Your device and network should meet the minimum system requirements to access Xbox Cloud Gaming. Check system requirements from here.
2) If you are using a wireless network connection, use a 5 GHz network instead of 2.4 GHz to avoid interruptions and packet loss.
3) If you are trying to cast your mobile device to another screen, it may be the reason behind input lags.
4) If you are using an Android device, clearing cache may help. Go to Settings > Apps, select the Xbox Game Pass app, then select Storage > Clear cache.
5) Use a USB cable to connect your controller to your console. Wireless controllers may promote input lag issues.
6) Try using a wired internet connection (Ethernet) over Wi-Fi.
7) Make sure you close background apps that are heavy on data.
Also Read: Xbox cloud gaming controller not working in 2022: Fixes & Workarounds
To fix an input lag while cloud gaming via a browser, try the following fixes/workarounds-
1) Use recommended browsers: Edge Canary, Brave, Chrome.
2) Try using a good DNS service like Cloudflare Warp DNS.
3) If you are using a mobile browser, try changing from mobile view to “Use Desktop Version”.
4) You can try using Performance Mode on your PC or mobile device. It can improve input lag issues.
5) Using VPN can affect cloud gaming. It is recommended to turn off any kind of VPN to avoid high latency.
6) Use only official Xbox controllers or controllers designed for Xbox to reduce input lags.
Although the above workarounds can help you reduce the problem, you cannot completely get rid of an input lag while cloud gaming on Xbox. As per reports, this will likely reduce when Microsoft adds more servers around the world. However, a stable and fast internet speed can reduce input lag to the least. Another thing that can universally help is using wired connections over wireless, wherever possible.
We hope the above-suggested fixes/workarounds help you reduce the annoying input lag. For more such articles, stay tuned to Androidgram!