Nothing is more frustrating to a fan than downloading a favorite game only for the game refusing to launch. So, we wrote this Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel not launching, starting & throwing black screen: How to fix it article to ease your troubles and help you get back to playing your favorite game of cards. In this article, we will talk about how to fix Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel not launching, starting & throwing black screen issue which is being faced by a lot of players.
Upon Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel’s release in January 2022, card game fans were ecstatic. All of us wanted to dive into the world of Yu-Gi-Oh and start dueling other players worldwide. The game surpasses its predecessors in more than one way. Master Duel came with better graphics, sounds, and the biggest card roster ever seen in a Yu-Gi-Oh game! But after installing the game, several fans were unable to play it because the game refused to launch, start, or was throwing a black screen. This is a common issue that a lot of newly-released games face but it’s still very frustrating and it was very off-putting for people who were so looking forward to playing the game. However, being a launch-time issue, players should not face such problems anymore.
Still facing issues with launching or starting Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel? Seeing a black screen? It is probably being caused by a problem in your device. Or, it could be an issue with the servers. We have jotted down a few workarounds to help you get through a launch, start, or black screen issue.
Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel not launching, starting & throwing black screen issue: How to Fix –
When facing such issues, there could be a number of problems preventing you from launching the game. These solutions generally work well and might also be helpful in your case.
1) Open the task manager from the start menu and go to the processes tab. Look for other applications which might affect your game files or cause an overlay. It’s generally web browsers or hard disk cleaners.
2) Next, make sure that your firewall or anti-virus is not blocking parts of the game. Search for Firewall on your taskbar search and click on Windows Defender Firewall. Next, click on the first option on the left which says – Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall. Select Change Settings and scroll down till you find Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel and make sure to check the box.
3) If the problem is still unsolved, open your Steam Library. There right-click Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel and select properties. This opens a new window. In the new window, click on the Local Files tab and select Verify Integrity of Game Files. This takes a few minutes to check and replace any corrupt game file.
4) If the problems still persist, make sure to check that your GPU drivers are up to date. For NVIDIA users. you can check and update your drivers from here.
5) Lastly, go to the drive and folder where you have installed the game and navigate to the .exe file. Right-click and go to Properties. Select the Compatibility tab and click on Disable full-screen optimizations and apply changes. Next, go to your Desktop>right click>Display Settings. Scroll down and make sure that the Scaling is set to 100% and you are using a normal native resolution.
If you follow all these steps, this should fix your Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel not launching, starting & throwing black screen issue. If you’re facing a similar black screen issue in the New World game, then make sure to click the link and visit Androidgram for a solution.