Wondering how to fix the Yuzu emulator error while initializing the OpenGL issue? Then you, my friend, need to read the full article. Most of the time, outdated graphics card drivers cause the OpenGL issue. Yuzu might also throw this error if your graphic card is not compatible with the emulator. In most cases, cards below NVIDIA GeForce 1030 cause issues with the Yuzu Emulator. Now, if you have a compatible card and are still getting this error, then read the full article. Below, we will tell you how to fix the Yuzu emulator error while initializing the OpenGL issue.
Yuzu Emulator is one of the best choices on the market right now. It allows you to run Nintendo Switch games on your PC. You can also run most of the games in 4k resolution. The easy-to-navigate interface is also a plus point for the emulator. Now, Yuzu has two options for graphics rendering- Vulcan and OpenGL. Vulcan is still a new technology and is prone to bugs. On the other hand, OpenGL has been in use for years. It is a very reliable graphic rendering option. Vulcan is better suited for users who have high-end graphics cards like the NVIDIA RTX series. We will discuss it in more detail some other time. For now, let us proceed with the main topic.
Yuzu emulator error while initializing OpenGL: How to fix it?
To fix the OpenGL initializing error, you will need to follow some instructions. These will help you to get rid of the issue for good.
1) The first step is to check if OpenGL supports your graphics card. We have stated before that cards below NVIDIA GeForce 1030 will have issues with OpenGL.
2) Next, make sure that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card.
3) You can also download NVIDIA’s GeForce Experience app to keep tabs on your drivers. It helps you to keep an eye on the latest drivers and other helpful settings.
4) Now, press the Windows key and type NVIDIA Control Panel. Here, go to Manage 3D Settings> Program Settings. Now, click on Add and locate your Yuzu Emulator’s executable file. Next, under the preferred graphics processor, select High-performance NVIDIA processor.
5) If you are still facing the issue, then try switching to Vulcan or try reinstalling Yuzu Emulator.
So, this is how you can fix the Yuzu emulator error while initializing the OpenGL issue. We hope that you found this article helpful. You can also check out our other article on How to fix the Steam Link Bluetooth not working issue. Stay tuned to Android Gram, and happy gaming.