Cities: Skylines comes with thousands of mods to choose from. This not only makes the game interesting but also adds a different kind of touch to it. When we talk about mods, most of them are created by third-party developers. Therefore, it is not necessary that every mod will work flawlessly. Moreover, sometimes adding too many mods can also cause overloading in your system which can become really hard to cope with. However, as per reports, the use of multiple mods has been causing Cities: Skylines to get stuck on the loading screen. Therefore, we shall find the best methods to get over this error.
Cities Skylines stuck on loading screen: How to fix it?
You should follow each step carefully so that you can get to the root of the problem. These are some of the best solutions to the loading screen error in Cities Skylines:
1) Restart the game: The first step you need to take is to restart the game. Sometimes, a temporary issue can disrupt the functioning of your game. Therefore, restarting the game can be a big step no matter how cliché it seems to be.
2) Restart your system: You can also restart your system if just restarting the game doesn’t work for you.
3) Remove the mods that are not compatible with your game: You should remove all the mods that are incompatible with the game and are creating problems for it. Especially, the Extra Landscaping Mod seems to be creating a lot of trouble for the players. Therefore, only use mods that have been proven to be working fine with the game. Sometimes, some maps like Lagoon Shore can also create problems, as per players’ reports. So, disable this kind of incompatible maps and mods and then start the game.
4) Verify the integrity of the files: You can also verify the integrity of the Cities Skylines’ files through Steam. In order to do so, you will have to open the Steam library. Now, go to the Cities Skylines’ Properties(Right-click on the game) and open the Local Files tab. Here, you will find the Verify integrity of game files option. Click on that option and let Steam work its charm. Then try to open the game again.
5) Expand your RAM: You can expand your RAM physically by adding another RAM stick to your system. The game might take too much time to load when you add too many mods. When you keep adding mods, the amount of RAM that the game consumes keeps getting higher. Therefore, if you don’t want to remove any of your mods, you will have to add more memory to your system.
6) Set up ‘Page File”: This can be a very useful method to tackle the issue. So, if you want to know how to set up a page file, you can click here.
7) Update your graphics driver: Make sure that your graphics drivers are up-to-date. If there are any pending updates for your Nvidia or AMD graphics drivers, make sure that you install them immediately.
8) Do a fresh start: Start the game with new cities that have basic mods and assets. Also, make sure that you save your city in progressive stages rather than saving it in just one file.
9) Disable Overlay Applications: Discord, Nvidia ShadowPlay, and more such overlay applications can hinder the game’s functioning in many ways. Therefore, if your game is stuck on the loading screen, make sure to disable them beforehand, and then try launching.
10) Report the issue to the forum: You can also report the issue to the official support team in case the methods didn’t work.
By following these steps, you will be able to solve the loading screen problem in Cities: Skylines. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.