Bungie just deployed a patch to fix most of the reported issues. Many reported bugs in Destiny 2 are now bygones. The new update 22.214.171.124 fixes a host of issues like the Crossplay Voice chat and Astral Alightment related bugs. The update also added some new elements to the weapons in the game. Destiny 2 is available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox X|S Series, and Google Stadia.
One of the most popular Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) games of all time, Destiny 2 is all set to welcome the Witch Queen to its battlefields soon. With the Witch Queen, Destiny 2 will also bring in new content like weapon crafting, a rotating legacy playlist, a Legendary campaign. However, all that is for February 22, 2022. Coming back to the recent update 126.96.36.199, we are listing the fixes and additions it brought to the game. Keep reading to know more about the most recent patch.
Destiny 2 new update 188.8.131.52 fixes a host of bugs
We know how annoyed players were with the bugs in Destiny 2 since the Season of the Lost kick-started. However, Bungie is fast when it comes to resolutions. The new update brings in fixes for all (almost) the reported bugs. Most reported bugs like the Iron Armor not accepting shaders, cross-platform voice chat issues, and astral alignment issues have also been addressed in this patch.
We are listing the patch notes for update 184.108.40.206 here.
- Astral Alignment
- Fixed an issue where the Ether Collection encounter could soft lock when all Ether Wisps were destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where objects could be removed when players left the activity while carrying them, which would soft lock the activity.Raids
- Vault of Glass
- Fixed an issue where Atheon would sometimes summon an invisible barrier to block Guardians from entering the Vault of Glass.
- Fixed an issue where the “pre-order” text string for 30th Anniversary wrapped and overlapped the title in Japanese, Polish, and Russian.
- Other localization fixes for Japanese and Polish. Hotfix 220.127.116.11 will fix Russian.
- Fixed an issue where the description of Top Tree Dawnblade mentioned “Sliding” instead of “Gliding” in German.
- Fixed an issue where some players could not discard Solstice key fragments.
- Players who may have remaining Solstice key fragments can now dismantle the entire stack from their inventory screen.
- Incoming and outgoing Bungie friends toasts no longer play before character selection.
- Fixed an issue where some Roster screens would not consistently indicate when you have blocked a player on your Bungie Friends list.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENTArmor
- Fixed an issue preventing players from changing the armor energy type of Lucky Pants.
- Actually changed the cost of Global Reach to three energy.
- Fixed an issue causing the Fire and Ice artifact mod to spawn fewer Wells than intended.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Season 15 Iron Banner armor sets and the new Exotic armor pieces from taking shaders.
- Corrected the insertion cost of the Linear Fusion Rifle Targeting mod in the artifact to be 500 Glimmer like other mods.
- Fixed an issue causing the 2021 Solstice Eververse Hunter arms ornaments to not be visible in the list of ornaments.
- Fixed an issue causing the new Shards of Galanor Exotic armor ornament to improperly display colors.
- Fixed an issue causing Radiant Dance Machines to trigger armor mods and Stasis Fragments more often than intended.
- Fixed an issue causing the Fusion Rifle Scavenger artifact mod to use old perks, allowing players to gain Heavy ammo when picking up Special ammo bricks.
- Fixed an issue where Promethium Spur would not spawn additional combination Rifts after the first one.Weapons
- Lorentz Driver will no longer apply a navpoint to players in the Crucible that are selected as targets.
- Targeted players will still have the red glow on their biped and will still drop telemetry patterns when killed.
- This change does not affect the targeting behavior for PvE combatants.
- Added Iron Banner perks into the possible trait rolls for Peacebond and Forge’s Pledge.
- Peacebond can now roll Iron Reach.
- Forge’s Pledge can roll Iron Grip.Abilities
- Fixed an issue where specific Stasis crystals were dealing an additional instance of detonation damage against players.
- Cross Play voice chat enabled
- Some communication privacy settings are still not working as intended for Xbox players
- Xbox players will still hear voice and receive invites from anyone even if privacy settings are set to “friends” or “in-game friends”.
- Xbox players will still hear voice from non-Xbox players even if “You can communicate outside of Xbox with voice & text” is set to “blocked”.
- Xbox players will still be able to hear other Xbox players in Fireteam Chat or Team Chat even if that player is on their mute list.The Witch Queen Pre-Order Incentive
Fixed an issue where the “Lucidity” Witch Queen pre-order emblem was not showing up in players’ emblem collections.
It should automatically appear in the collection for all players who have pre-ordered now.
As we can see, in the UI/UX section, Bungie promises to fix the Russian language overlapping title issue with the next hotfix, 18.104.22.168. So, we can assume that Bungie will be deploying the next hotfix soon. We hope Bungie addresses the remaining bugs soon!