Is your Halo Infinite using high or 100% of your PC’s CPU? Being a graphics-intensive game has its share of performance problems. Players have noticed that the game has high or 100% CPU usage and it causes stuttering and lag. Constant 100% CPU usage also leads to temperature spikes and hence the heavy lags and stutters. Halo Infinite’s high CPU usage issue was first noticed during alpha and beta test phases. According to fans, the game is actually very poorly optimized. In this article, we will share with you some ways to fix high CPU usage while playing Halo Infinite.
Halo fans were super-excited when 343 Industries took over the development of Halo Infinite. Almost every Halo fan will agree that Halo 5’s campaign wasn’t the most satisfying or intriguing. As a result, Microsoft was pushed to bring back the Halo game the fans loved and cherished. When the alpha version was made available to players, they quickly noticed how good the game was. But it had the same bugs and glitches most AAA titles are destined to carry. Halo Infinite faced random crashes upon launch or mid-game. Players claimed to be facing high ping and slow servers. Fans had hoped that these issues would be fixed in the final release. But unfortunately, most of the issues are still in the game along with the high or 100% CPU usage when playing the game.
What are the possible causes for this issue?
Well, you might be wondering what is causing this issue. Is it because of your hardware or the game is poorly optimized? The answer to this question actually varies from player to player. For some players, the problem is because of low-end CPUs which don’t meet the minimum system requirement. For others, it may be because of some background apps hogging all the CPU resources.
However, many have complained that Halo Infinite is taking up more than 50% CPU while GPU usage is at less than 10%. That’s funny – players with high-end CPUs are also facing this particular issue. Here’s what the minimum system requirement for running Halo Infinite looks like:
1) Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel i5-4440
2) Graphics: AMD RX 570 or Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
3) Memory: 8 GB RAM
4) Storage: 50 GB available space
Halo Infinite High CPU or 100% usage: How to fix it!
Try all of the below-mentioned workarounds:
1) Cap your FPS in the game. This fix seems to have worked for most of the players. Cap your FPS to 60 or 120 according to your monitor resolution. This will most probably drop your CPU usage.
2) While playing the game, open Task Manager. Now, check if some other app is using a lot of CPU. If there is any such app, then close it.
3) Check that your Processor Power management’s minimum power state is below 15. Make sure that it not higher than 50.
4) You should also enable Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling. To do so follow these simple steps- Windows Key+I> System> Display> Graphics> click on Change default graphic settings> turn on Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling.
5) Some PC users also like to overclock their CPU. But sometimes it conflicts with certain games. So try to turn it back to normal and see if it affects the game and the CPU usage.
6) Another important step is to keep your game updated at all times. Developers release patches to fix bugs; pending updates can affect Halo Infinite’s functioning.
Lastly, you can try reinstalling the game if nothing else works. High CPU usage causes Halo Infinite’s gameplay to become choppy, hampering the game’s experience severely. However, if none of the workarounds work, it is probably a nasty bug. In such cases, only an official fix from the developers can help. We hope this article was of help to you. If you’re facing similar high or 100% CPU usage problem in Valorant, then make sure to read this article on Android Gram for the fix. Happy Gaming.