A controller should be set up keeping in mind the comfort of the player using it. Now, Medieval Dynasty is available only for PC gamers. The developers have announced that they will launch the game on consoles as well. But, that is all for next year. Many PC players like to use controllers while playing video games. Developers set up a default keybinding for keyboards and controllers while developing a game. However, the default settings may not be comfortable for players. In the case of the Medieval Dynasty, many of you have been asking for ways to rebind/remap controller buttons to make the experience comfortable. Well, there is only one way to do so, as recommended by a developer. Read this article to know the process.
How to rebind/remap controller buttons in Medieval Dynasty?
Is there any way to rebind the controller buttons? Are they stored in an .ini anywhere?
I really want to put gather/interact on a shoulder button so I don’t need to take my finger off the look stick when interacting with stuff.
The above is a post on Steam Community for Medieval Dynasty. Not only Medieval Dynasty, but all video games should also support ways to rebind or remap keys and buttons. Many video games have included ways to do so internally from the game itself. But, some require support from external services. Developers of Medieval Dynasty are very active on Steam, and hence the above post received a reply very soon.
According to the developers, you can rebind your controller keys/buttons in one way. Xbox 360 Controller Emulator is a free software that “allows your controller (gamepad, joystick, steering wheel, pedals, etc.) to function as an Xbox 360 controller”. You can remap buttons and keys using this software. Also, this is the only software recommended by developers. All you have to do is download the .exe file from x360ce.com. Installing it is easy:
- Download the file for the latest Xbox 360 Controller Emulator.
- Extract downloaded ZIP file.
- Launch x360ce.exe.
If the Issues tab in Xbox 360 Controller Emulator starts blinking, your Virtual Gamepad Emulation Driver must be corrupted or missing. You will have to install it by clicking on the Issues tab and then clicking the Install button.
How to use Xbox 360 Controller Emulator?
Once the installation process is done, you will have to add your controller to the emulator. To do so:
- First, connect your controller to the computer.
- Then, select Controller 1 tab and click on the Add button.
- Select the controller you want to add-map and click on the OK button.
- Enable the controller by clicking on Enable #Mapped Device inside the Controller 1 tab.
Now, to remap keys and controller buttons, do the following:
- Select Controller 1 tab > General tab.
- Then, click on the drop-down menu.
- To map button or axis, select the [Record] option and press the button or moving axis on your controller.
- Next, click the Save All button when done.
- Minimize Xbox 360 Controller Emulator.
- Launch the game.
Hope this article helped!