Are you looking to farm more iron in Minecraft? Well, minerals are a very important part of Minecraft. They enable you to create anything and everything in the game. Without the mineral or the ores, you won’t get anywhere in the game. Iron is one of those important minerals in the popular sandbox game. You can craft excellent mid-game weapons and armors using iron ores. The 1.18 update added several new locations to farm more iron from. In this article, we will tell you about those locations and how you can easily get or farm more iron in Minecraft. Stick with us till the end of the article.
With each new update, Minecraft adds something new to the game. This is just one of the reasons why the game is still popular amongst fans even after 11 years of its release. Constant updates and upgrades keep the game alive and interesting for the player base. In the 1.18 update, Mojang added another layer to the already vast map of Minecraft. This has created new spots to farm minerals. For the sake of this article, we have only focused on how you can get or farm more iron. Iron might not be as precious as Emerald or Diamond, but it has its uses. It is a great starting and mid-game material to craft weapons and other utility items. Below, we will tell you where you can farm more iron and how to exactly get there.
Minecraft 1.18 update: How to get or farm more Iron?
There are several locations to farm iron in Minecraft. But in this article, we will only focus on the new locations which have popped up after the 1.18 update. There are mainly 2 new locations where you can get or farm more iron. We have also mentioned the coordinates for the same. Simply follow the instructions and you will get tons of iron in no time.
1) Head over to the coordinate y=232.
2) Now, climb to the top of the highest mountain in the Jagged Peaks biome.
3) Next, look for an area with a stone and start mining. Soon, you will encounter a lot of veins of iron ore in the area.
4) This area is also rich in coal and emerald. So make sure to take your time with the mining.
1) Go to the Grove biome and start mining down to reach the y=16 coordinate.
2) Once you reach the coordinate, you will be at the cave system.
3) Start searching for the veins of iron ores in the area. This area has a smaller deposit of iron in comparison to other areas.
1) The area between y=0 and y=-16 coordinates stores Mega veins of iron ores.
2) Head over to the Deepslate area and start looking for the veins.
3) This area also contains blocks of raw iron. 1 block of rock iron can generate 9 raw iron in the game.
4) You will find HUGE amounts of iron ore in this area so make sure to mine it all up. You might even get Emerald and other ores in the area too. So it’s a bonus.
Use charm to increase the output-
Did you know, that you can put the Fortune charm on your pickaxe to get even more iron? Once you have enchanted your pickaxe, you will have a chance to get more iron when mining. Though, the drop rates differ each time you use it.
So, this was our guide on how to get or farm more iron in Minecraft. We hope you found this article helpful. In case your Fast travel is not working in The Ascent, then check out our article on Android Gram for the fix. Happy Gaming.