Is Minecraft using high or 100% of your build’s CPU during gameplay? Well, many heavy video games are known to run into this problem. The high CPU usage issue has been widely reported in Minecraft forums. Excessive CPU dependence is causing the game to become choppy and hence, a bad gameplay experience. Too much CPU usage also results in overheating. Because of such cases, PC experts always recommend a robust and dedicated cooling system to keep your CPU cool. However, most video games are not supposed to use so much CPU. Instead, they should (and only) depend on GPU for rendering the sceneries. But among all, some video games like Minecraft are by birth very CPU intensive. In fact, a low-end GPU can run Minecraft smoothly, but your CPU will be bearing all the burden.
As you might know, Minecraft is a a sandbox video game developed by Mojang Studios. As a player, you are free to explore the almost never-ending world of Minecraft and build different structures in the process. Minecraft is actually a great place to showcase your building skills; you can also visit user-created maps and take a look at others’ masterpieces. If you love downloading mods for Minecraft, it is quite natural to run into excessive CPU usage from time to time. Of course, that isn’t favorable!
Probable causes for the issue?
Although Minecraft is known to be hard on the CPU, high or 100% CPU usage greatly affects in-game performance. As a result, many fans find themselves looking for workarounds that could fix excessive CPU use. These problems may lie within your system; making a few changes to some settings should fix the situation. CPU usage can reach 100% if the CPU model is not strong to run the game properly. Additionally, some background processes may take up too much of your build’s resources. In the next section, we have detailed some problems which might be the main culprits for this issue. We have also provided the fixes to them and other workarounds. So make sure to read the article till the end. Also, please check that your PC meets the minimum system requirements to run Minecraft smoothly.
1) Processor: Core i5 2.8GHz or equivalent.
2) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or equivalent.
3) Memory: At least 8 GB of RAM.
Minecraft high or 100% CPU usage: How to fix it!
In this section of the article, we will share with you some user-suggested workarounds. Therefore, make sure to read the instructions carefully to fix the high or 100% CPU usage problem. Most of these steps have shown positive results for the players and might also fix the problem for you.
1) Launch Minecraft and then open Task Manager. Check if there is some other app using high CPU. Once you find it, you can either set it’s priority to low or simply close that app.
2) You can set your FPS to 60. Capping the FPS seems to have worked for a lot of players.
3) You can also reduce your Render Distance. Minecraft can be very demanding on the CPU so lowering the render distance reduces the load on the CPU.
4) Make sure that your game is up to date.
5) Check your GPU drivers and make sure that you have the latest version of your drivers.
Other working solution-
1) Check for any Scheduled Tasks. To do so, open your Control Panel and search for System and Security. Now look for Administrative Tools and then Schedule Tasks. In the new window that opens, check for any task that might be interrupting your game and stop it.
2) Check your browser plugins. Some browser plugins are very poorly optimized and will affect your system’s performance.
3) Make sure that your system is not running on High Performance. If it is, then switch it to Balanced.
4) Check that your Windows is up to date and install any pending updates you might have.
If you have recently downloaded a mod for Minecraft and the CPU issue just hit right after that, it is highly possible that the mod is causing the issue. Delete the mod, if possible, and reset Minecraft. You can also check for malware or suspicious programs on your system which may trigger this problem. We hope this article helped you fix the issue! In case you were wondering how to fix Valorant’s high or 100% CPU usage issue, then make sure to check the article on Android Gram for the fix. Happy Gaming.