Are you experiencing crashes while playing Monster Hunter Rise? Is the gameplay freezing in some instances? Some fatal errors in-game can cause it to crash or freeze randomly. A lot of players reportedly face this issue while playing the popular RPG title. According to them, the game suddenly freezes and then crashes without any notice. This has caused a lot of confusion and anxiety amongst fans. In this article, we are going to tell you about some fixes which might help you to run the game smoothly.
Monster Hunter is a well-known game franchise. The game series has been a hit among action-RPG fans. Monster Hunter Rise is the latest installment in the popular Monster Hunter series. It was initially released for Nintendo Switch in March 2021 and a port was made available for Windows PC users in January 2022. Along with its release, players noticed a lot of bugs in the game. Some of them turned out to be unbearable. Players were facing annoying lags or frame drops while playing. This is more than enough to break the immersion. The frequent crashes are totally capable of killing a fan’s mood. If you’re struggling with the same problem, then continue reading the article.
Monster Hunter Rise Fatal Error, Crashing & freezing issues: Fixes & Workarounds.
Monster Hunter Rise is as fun-to-play and beautiful to perceive as its prequels. But with the frequent freezes and crashes, the game is almost unplayable for a lot of peeps. This is a major disappointment in regards to optimization. So in this article, we have brought you some workarounds and fixes which might resolve the fatal error, crashing, and freezing issue in Monster Hunter Rise. Make sure to follow the steps carefully.
1) Do a clean installation of your graphics card driver. Download the latest driver from the NVIDIA GeForce website by manually searching for it. Now, click on the downloaded installation file to start installing it. Select the Custom installation option and then select Perform a clean installation. Once it’s complete, launch the game to check if the issue is resolved.
2) Make sure that you allow the game’s .exe file in your Antivirus or Windows Security. To check this step, go to your system settings> Update & Security> Windows Security> Virus & Threat Protection. Now scroll down to Ransomware protection. If it is turned on, then click on Manage Ransomware protection and then on Allow an app through controlled folder access. Now, click on add and browse the Monster Hunter RIse exe file and click on open.
3) Next step is to verify the game files. For this, open Steam and go to Steam Library. Now right-click on Monster Hunter Rise and select Properties. Now go to Local Files and click Verify integrity of game files. This will take some time, so be patient. After this, check if the issues persist in the game.
4) Open your game’s installation folder and right-click on the game’s exceutable and select Properties > Compatibility. Now check the box for Run as an administrator option. Next, check the box for Run this program in windows compatibility mode. Next, select either Windows 8 or 7 and check your game.
Other methods which might work-
1) Go to Steam> Steam Library and right-click on Monster Hunter Rise. Under the General tab go to the Launch Option. Here, type -dx11. Now close this window and launch the game.
2) You should remove any overlays while playing the game including the Steam Overlay. For this, go to Steam> Steam Library> right-click Monster Hunter Rise and select properties. In the general tab, uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game. Also, uncheck the Steam Cloud option. Make sure to close other overlay apps like Discord and NVIDIA Geforce as well.
3) Now, update your Visual C++ Redistributable files. Click on this link to go to Microsoft’s page and download both X86 and X64 files and install them. Once the installation is complete, restart your computer.
4) If you have the Windows N edition, then try to install Media Feature Pack. Go to system settings> Apps> Optional Features> Add a feature. Now search for Media Feature Pack and then install them.
5) Update DirectX through this link. Download and install the latest DirectX and then restart your PC.
6) For laptop users, make sure that your game is running on the dedicated graphics card. To make sure, go to graphic settings> Browse. Select your game’s exe file and click on add. Now select the game here and click on options. Next, click on High Performance and then save.
7) Perform a clean boot. To do this, search System configuration in the start menu search. Open it and go to the Services tab. Now, check the box for Hide all Microsoft Services. Next, click on Disable All and then restart your PC.
8) Make sure to close any and all overclocking and background applications like MSI Afterburner.
9) In this last step, open your game and go to the Option. Head over to Display and lower down your graphic settings. You can also try to play the game in Windowed mode to see if it continues to crash and freeze. Also, limit your FPS to 60 and turn off V-Sync.
If you follow all the steps that are mentioned above, it should fix your Monster Hunter Rise fatal error, crashing, and freezing issue. If it did not, then you can also try reinstalling the game. You can also contact the developer support to report your problem. If you’re curious about the release date of V Rising, then check out our article on Android Gram for the same. Happy Gaming Hunters.