The Olympus is a map in Splitgate. The map is large and open and floats in the clouds. While traversing in Olympus, ensure that you don’t fall off! It is very easy to die by falling off from such heights. And, even if you fall off, look for a portal accepting ground panel that can help you. Because of this, Olympus is a very good map for getting portal kills. As also spoken about earlier here, speed runs are quite popular in video games. Olympus race is also a speed run race in Splitgate. Read this article to know how to play and complete the Olympus Race fast.
How to play and complete Olympus Race in Splitgate first?
Follow these tips to complete the Olympus race fast and maybe secure a world record as well.
Now, it is very important to learn multi portaling and also maintain momentum. Players must learn the use of portals to win in speed races. Portals can only be placed on blue mesh portal walls. Always remember, that you will have to maintain momentum by not hitting the sides of the portal. This scrapes off seconds of your race completion time leading to a lesser time of completion. Check out the following steps to complete Olympus Race fast.
First-half of First Section
- Once you start the race, collect the first oddball while maintaining a rightward direction.
- Place a purple portal on the angled portal wall at the end of the corridor on the right.
- Collect the second oddball in the same room while placing a portal just beside the opening of the previous corridor, and go through the same.
- Now, you will have to make triple portals. Remember, the goal is to collect all the oddballs that you see in the minimum time. Portaling near oddballs will help you collect it.
- Place a yellow portal in front of you, turn left while collecting the oddballs in the way. Then, place a portal in the back panel you see and collect the oddballs. Place another portal on the portal wall you see while turning further left. And then, a purple portal through the Get Warped window at the top.
- Turn behind and collect the oddball, placing a yellow portal to exit the room.
- You will reach a balcony and see a way between two portal walls. You will have to place a purple portal that way and on the tiny panel you see.
- Once done, turn 180 degrees and place a portal in front of your face and go through it.
Second-half of the first section
- Now, as you fall through place a portal on the top panel you see and fall through the center section of the room. Portal downwards while you fall and carry your momentum through. Place a portal on the opposite panel and go through it. You will fly out of the center section.
- You will see a cut-off half-cylindrical model and also a tiny part of a portal wall inside the model where you will have to place a new portal. Then, look straight above yourself and place a portal. Now here, you will have to use 80% of your jetpack boost to go through this portal. Go through, and flip upside down.
- You will see a hole in the same room and you will have to place a purple portal at the end of the hole way. Go to the panel on your left and make a yellow portal to go through.
- Look upside to see a cube, and place a purple portal on the right-hand side of the cube and as you jump off, place a yellow portal on a cube below you and go through it.
- Carry all the momentum and collect all the oddballs you see in mid-air, then make a bunny hop to reach an opening. Collect the oddball there, and turn around 180 degrees to start the next section of your race.
- Place a purple portal on the slanted portal on the other side. Then, fall through the map into the ground portal wall while making a portal into the middle of Olympus. Collect the third last oddball. Carry yourself through the slanted panel on the other side of the map.
- Use the same color portal because your second color portal is at the bottom of the map. Go through this last portal and it is going to lift you through the middle of the map retaining momentum and get you the last oddball. Thus, the race ends.
This is how you can complete an Olympus Race fast! This tutorial was inspired by Toby Repellant, who recorded a 34.828 seconds run on the Olympus Map. Needless to say, he is the world record holder. If you want a video tutorial of the same, you can watch this video by Benzai. You can also visit this article on how to complete Pantheon Race in record time.