Is WhatsApp not notifying you when you receive messages on your iPhone? This article contains a list of fixes and/or workarounds that will help you solve the WhatsApp notification issue on your iPhone.
Users have reported that they haven’t been receiving WhatsApp notifications on their iPhone. To tackle this error, we have jotted down a list of possible fixes. But before that, take a look at some settings on your phone that might be blocking the notifications. First off, check if DND (do not disturb) setting is turned on. If this setting is on, turn it off. The second setting that you have to check is whether you have enabled Low Power mode. Open the Settings app and tap on the Battery settings option. If Low Power mode is turned on, turn it off immediately. Now check if you’re receiving notifications for your messages on WhatsApp. If not, then try the troubleshooting methods mentioned in the rest of this article.
Also read: Tales of Arise in-game ads issue making fans unhappy
Farming Simulator 19 multiplayer not working on Xbox : How to fix it?
How to fix – WhatsApp not showing in notification settings on iPhone:
To reboot your iPhone, follow the steps given below.
– Press and hold your Volume Up button and the Lock Screen button together to pull up the Turn Off iPhone options > Slide to Power Off.
– After the reboot is completed, check whether you’re receiving WhatsApp notifications.
Reset Location and Privacy:
To reset location and privacy settings on your iPhone, follow the steps given below.
– Firstly, open the Settings app and navigate to General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset location and privacy > Enter password > Reset Settings.
– Check again to see if the notifications for WhatsApp are visible now.
Touch and hold the WhatsApp app. Tap on Remove app, then on Delete app. Reinstall WhatsApp and complete the verification procedures. Check if the notification issue is fixed now.
Screen time settings:
For this step, you will need to check the status of WhatsApp in the screen time settings. Follow along with the directions given below.
– Open the Settings app and navigate to General > Content and privacy restrictions > Allowed apps.
– If WhatsApp is turned off, tap on it to toggle it on.
Now, check if you receive notifications for WhatsApp messages.
Restore all settings on your iPhone:
Before going for this step, keep in mind that performing this will delete all of your customized settings (apps and system). But, other data on your phone will stay. Follow the instructions below.
– Open the Settings app and navigate to General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset all settings > Enter Passcode > Reset all settings.
– Once finished, check if WhatsApp notifications show up as usual.