Battle Royale games have taken over the online gaming industry by storm. With BR giants like PUBG, Fortnite, Apex Legends, COD Warzone, the genre is currently at its peak and shows no sign of slowing down. However, just like any online multiplayer game, BR games often run into many errors that frustrate the players the most. Likewise, the Fornite Directory must be empty error is one such issue that has been troubling players for a long time. So, in this article, we will be sharing details on how to fix this issue for good. Here’s everything you need to know.
The 2017 released BR title, Fortnite has been infamous for featuring a wide variety of bugs in-game. However, for die-hard fans, these bugs are nothing but slight inconveniences that can be ignored. But, if a new player encounters bugs and issues before the game even starts, the enthusiasm and excitement to play the specific title reduce drastically and the same has been happening with players who are installing Fortnite on their systems. As per reports, players who are trying to install Fortnite are getting the Directory must be empty error which has restricted them from installing the game. So, without any further ado, let’s jump right into the details on how to fix this annoying error.
How to Fix Fortnite Directory must be empty error
If you are facing the Fortnite Directory must be empty error while installing the game on your system, there are two methods using which you can fix it. Here are all the details-
1) Launch Epic Games Launcher and proceed to install the game.
2) On the Choose Install Location menu, select and copy the path where the installation is going to take place.
3) After copying, close Epic Games Launcher. Then press Windows+R, and paste the copied address in the Run Dialog Box.
4) This will take you to the directory where Fortnite is going to be installed. If you see any folder or file in that directory, simply delete it.
5) Next, re-launch Epic Games Launcher and execute the installation process again to check if the error persists.
1) After launching Epic Games Launcher and heading to the Choose Install Location menu, select the Browse location option.
2) You will then be taken to the directory where Fortnite installation is going to take place.
3) There, find and delete all folders.
4) After this, re-launch the Epic Games Launcher and the installation process should start without any issues.
So, this is how you can fix the Fortnite Directory must be empty error while installing. For more such articles on Fortnite and information on newly released titles, make sure to stay tuned with us on AndroidGram.